The Manfrotto Medium Street Backpack is a stylish camera backpack for everyday use. It’s a stealthy piece of craft!
After weeks and weeks of searching for the camera bag that suits me, I think I found it. I was looking for a camera backpack that doesn’t look like a camera bag. That’s my main goal. I saw a lot of other bag designs that are very “Camera baggish style” if you know what I mean. I am not a full-time photographer but I want to bring my camera with me every day in case I want to take a picture of something. The bag can also be used as a normal bag by just removing the bottom compartment dividers.
What’s on my Bag?
Since I use a mirrorless camera, I have more room for other camera stuff. Here are the things that I can fit in the main camera compartment of the bag.
- Sony a6000 with 16-50mm kit
- Sigma 30mm f1.4 + Lens Hood
- Yashica 55mm f2
- Godox tt350s compact speedlight
- Godox x1t-s trigger
- Extra batteries & cleaning kit
And for the top compartment, these are the personal items I always bring with me.
- 2 extra shirt
- 100ml perfume
- Some foods
- Small Joby gorilla pod
- Flash drives or external HDD
- USB connectors
The bag just perfectly fits my things for a day trip.
The Pros & Cons of Manfrotto Street Backpack
Not all camera bags are built perfect, they build it for a reason.
Manfrotto medium street backpack PROS:
- Stylish and “non-camera baggish” looking design.
- The backpack strap is pretty strong even at full capacity load
- Has tripod holder
- Water resistant
- Paddings are good and reliable
- Has Laptop Compartment
- Holds all you need for standard usage photography.
Manfrotto medium street backpack CONS:
- The camouflage design on the camera compartment can be easily damaged by the velcro.
- The outside design can be easily scratched.
- The tripod holder design/placement is bad.
- Chest mount support is not so practical, I hope they just use lock type.
The backpack costs $139.99 which is, I think, you can buy a better camera bag for that price range. But overall, I am still happy with the Manfrotto street backpack because of its quality and style. You can also check the Manfrotto tri-large backpack which is also a really great bag and is actually my first choice but I can’t find any shop with availability.
The Manfrotto medium street backpack is on sale at Amazon!
My honest rating for the Manfrotto Medium Street backpack is 7/10. The bag is a great bag but not the best for the price. I saw other camera backpacks that have better build quality with the same price or even cheaper. I felt a bit of regret when I had it the first few time using it because I thought it is not worth it. But as I am using the bag to different adventures and trips, I started to love it. I will suggest the Manfrotto medium street backpack to photographers who want a quality and sturdy camera backpack and space for their personal things while carrying the photography essentials.